Dear Cub Scout Families:
With spring weather arriving and all of us continuing to shelter at home, we know your thoughts are turning to summer plans. Like everyone across Wisconsin, Three Harbors Council does not know what the impact of COVID-19 will be on activities and outdoor adventures this summer. However, we wanted to update you on our preparations for the camping season. Our goal is to hold summer camp programs at Camp Oh-Da-Ko-Ta, Indian Mound Scout Reservation and our two In-Town Day Camps as soon as we can safely do so. While the programs and schedules may be adjusted, we are committed to providing a safe and fun camp season.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) is drafting guidance for youth camps to follow this summer. We are following the CDC’s advice that camps not announce major decisions until their nationwide guidance is released. The decision to operate our summer programs will be based on our ability to follow the CDC’s recommendations along with the guidance of county health departments and the State of Wisconsin’s Badger Bounce Back Plan. Three Harbors Council’s COVID-19 Scouting Task Force and our Health and Safety Committee will be assisting our camp leadership as we plan for the summer camp season.
The safety of Scouts and Scouting families remains the top priority as we reopen our camps. The Camp Rangers are installing new hand washing stations and hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the camps, and we are implementing enhanced camp cleaning protocols. There will be health screenings upon arrival each day, and Scouts who are sick or display symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to attend camp. Our camp activities are mostly outdoors, and both camps have ample acreage and program areas to support appropriate social distancing.
The early bird camp registration discount, set to expire on May 1, will be extended until June 15 for this summer.
Additionally, the Campership (camp scholarship) deadline has been extended to June 1. Regardless of our decision concerning camp, we want to make it easy for families to make reservations knowing that a 100% refund will be provided for any reason including if the camp schedule changes or if a camp session is cancelled. Please click here
to check out all our summer programing and to register for camp.
We know that our Scouts are looking forward to getting outside and enjoying camp activities! Experiencing nature and the outdoors is beneficial to the well-being of our Scouts and families and even more so during these challenging times. While it is too early to know what, if any, schedule and program changes may be necessary, we will communicate updates on the camp season during the month of May. Please follow our council Facebook page
for updates and program announcements.
If you have questions or need assistance in registering for camp, please contact Katie Schneider at (414) 443-2842 or Katie.Schneider@Scouting.org
Stay safe and Scout on!