Congratulations to all our Packs who have held successful recruitment events already this fall. Thanks to your efforts, we’ve recruited 279 new Cub Scouts so far. Late last week, we passed our entire 2020 recruitment total and we are well on our way to achieving our goal of recruiting 800 new Cub Scouts into Packs in Three Harbors Council!
Since August 1, 153 of our new Cub Scouts have joined a Pack using online registration after they visit BeAScout.org! 37 Packs have accepted at least one online Cub Scout application! This IS the way that many families are signing-up to join Cub Scouts.
Your key unit leadership needs to update your unit’s BeAScout.org pin as soon as possible. Visit BeAScout.org now to look at your unit pin to see if it’s current. Does it have information to draw parents in to find out more about your Pack?
Once your pin is updated, be sure to visit the Invitation Manager and Application Manager sections of my.scouting.org to follow-up on any membership leads you have and to approve applications.
Learn more about how to update your BeAScout.org pin and process membership leads and online applications by clicking here.
CUSTOM SCOUT TALK VIDEOS AND MORE
Just added to the Cub Scout Recruitment Resources page and available on Facebook and YouTube, we have two customized (to include council contacts) Scout Talk videos you can use at schools in place of an in-person Scout Talk if possible, on social media and more.
Don’t forget to visit the national BSA Brand Center where these generic Scout Talks videos are available along with different sample flyers and posters, email templates for inviting former Cub Scouts back, and more.
Remember that families that come to a Cub Scout recruitment event are almost universally ready to sign-up! Make sure that you are collecting applications or approving online applications at your event and turning them into your School Night Chair or District Executive at the end of the night so these new families can start their Scouting experience right away. A Scout that participates in meetings and activities that is not registered is not covered by insurance, cannot have advancement recorded, and cannot start receiving Scout Life magazine.
MILWAUKEE BUCKS PEER-TO-PEER RECRUTIMENT INCENTIVE
Do you have a Scout that has successfully recruited a friend to join Cub Scouts this fall? Do you have a follow-up plan to encourage all your Scouts to recruit a friend not yet in Cub Scouts to join before October 31?
We’re excited to announce that each Scout that recruits a new Cub Scout will be entered in a drawing to receive four (4) tickets to the December 1 NBA Champion Milwaukee Bucks game versus the Charlotte Hornets. These tickets are for the Cub Scout who recruits a friend, that friend and one parent of each Cub Scout. When a Scout has successfully recruited a new Cub Scout, complete the survey to be entered into the drawing for your chance at four Milwaukee Bucks tickets!
OCTOBER EVENTS FOR ALL CUB SCOUTS
This October, we have plenty of opportunities for all your Cub Scouts, new and returning, to participate in Scouting!
- Clue – October 9 in Burlington. Come solve the Case of the Missing Gear.
- New Cub Scout Fun Day – October 16 at Camp Oh-Da-Ko-Ta. New Cub Scouts can go to a Bobcat Clinic, shoot archery and BB guns and more. All Scouting families can come out for the weekend for a Fall Family Camping Weekend.
- Haunted Hayride & Walk – October 22, 23, 29, and 30 at Camp Oh-Da-Ko-Ta. Visit the haunts of Camp Oh-Da-Ko-Ta.
FOLLOW-UP RECRUITING EVENTS
Many units have already held or, this week, will hold their first recruitment event. It’s not too early to begin planning for any follow-up efforts. Some families may not have been able to attend your recruitment event, or your Pack may not have had the turnout you were expecting. Advertise your next Pack Meeting or an upcoming Pack activity.
If you can provide the council with this follow-up information at least three weeks in advance, we can make additional flyers and have other material available for you. The Council will even geofence your follow-up recruitment event with at least two weeks’ notice!
NATIONAL WEBINAR – SEPTEMBER 30
On September 30, at 8pm Eastern / 7pm Central, the National Marketing and Membership webinar will discuss Scouts BSA Recruiting!
Check out this and more by visiting the national recruitment toolkit!
COUNCIL RECRUITMENT INCENTIVES
Make sure to promote the recruitment incentives available to Scouts, leaders and units this fall:
- All New Cub Scouts will receive a free Pinewood Derby Car
- Cubmasters and Pack recruitment chairs that achieve their agreed-upon goal will receive a Three Harbors Council fleece vest
- The unit with the greatest percentage growth in Cub Scouts in each district will receive a pizza party from Three Harbors Council
- Any Scout that recruits another Scout will be entered in a drawing for four (4) Milwaukee Bucks tickets for their December 1st game
Remember These Three Things!
- When families attend a recruitment event, they attend to join and pay fees THAT NIGHT!
- In the fall, everyone in Scouting is involved in youth membership growth!
- Cub Scouts is not a spectator sport, it's an adventure you take with your child!
Join your fellow leaders in helping Three Harbors Council achieve its goal of recruiting at least 800 new Cub Scouts between now and October 31!